Computational mechanics of wood and wood-based products
1Vienna University of Technology (Austria), 2Linnaeus University (Sweden), 2Technische Universität Dresden (Germany)
This minisymposium is considered to be a forum for scientists and engineers working in the field of computational wood mechanics and wood technology. The submitted contributions should refer to recent developments and advances on analytical and numerical aspects of the mechanical and physical behavior of wood and wood-based products. Also contributions dealing with developments in the fields of wood processing and innovative wood composites are welcome.
Main topics of interest are
- numerical analysis of wood and wood-based products,
- modelling approaches for the different failure mechanisms in wood,
- consideration of stochastic variables in numerical simulations,
- numerical analysis of timber structures,
- macroscopic constitutive modelling,
- large deformations and damage,
- moisture-induced deformations and moisture transport,
- wood drying and processing,
- wood/glass and wood/steel composites.
Submit an abstract to this mini-symposium here.